Season of mists…
Things looking a bit gloomy out of the window? Hurray! Now we can stay in and write!
Set your timer for five minute intervals. When it rings, move on to the next topic. Don’t think too hard.
- Unexpected finds at a car boot/yard sale
- When my hair is grey I will…
- Things that are finished
- Describe a playground game you remember playing (hopscotch, rounders, bulldog, being a horse…)
- “Monica Shipwash is a …”
25 minutes and you’re done!
- Write whatever you like prompted by each practice topic – fiction, non fiction, gobbledegook. It doesn’t matter, because these words are not “official”. Write without over-thinking, or stopping.
- Keep going, especially if it’s difficult, but not if it will make you give up.
After five minutes switch to the next topic (unless you are completely swept away by something).