How has this week been for you? Was it sucking the air out of your lungs while you were trying to breathe in? Or were you floating around on a tiny cloud of joy? Let’s forget about it, however it was, and go trawling through some deeper memories.
Set your timer for five minute intervals. When it rings, move on to the next topic. Don’t think too hard.
- the school playground
- the very first money you earned
- travelling abroad without your parents for the first time
- what’s the most expensive thing you ever bought? How do you feel about it?
- describe a deeply felt wish or desire you had as a child which hasn’t happened (yet)
25 minutes and you’re done!
- Write whatever you like prompted by each practice topic – fiction, non fiction, gobbledegook. It doesn’t matter, because these words are not “official”. Write without over-thinking, or stopping.
- Keep going, especially if it’s difficult, but not if it will make you give up.
- After five minutes switch to the next topic (unless you are completely swept away by something).