Autumn is by far my favourite time for food, and today I’m cold, so I’m feeling a little obsessed. This might be a more involved process for you, should you choose to take me up on it.
Set your timer for five minute intervals. When it rings, move on to the next topic. Don’t think too hard.
- making bread*
- sharing a meal with someone you don’t like
- My mother always made me eat…
- Things that make you go mmmm
- Describe what your last meal would be
*if you have made bread you will have a head start. If you haven’t, then you can either write about why you haven’t, or you can save this topic, make a loaf of bread, and then write about this as a longer practice.
25 minutes and you’re done!
- Write whatever you like prompted by each practice topic – fiction, non fiction, gobbledegook. It doesn’t matter, because these words are not “official”. Write without over-thinking, or stopping.
- Keep going, especially if it’s difficult, but not if it will make you give up.
- After five minutes switch to the next topic (unless you are completely swept away by something).