Perhaps it is time for the clocks to go back. These days it’s all I can do to get out of bed in the morning, and it goes downhill from there.
Set your timer for five minute intervals. When it rings, move on to the next topic. Don’t think too hard.
- alarm clocks
- Things that make you want to sleep
- being up before the sun
- Being out after dark as a small child
- The street lamps aren’t working – what is your street like?
25 minutes and you’re done!
- Write whatever you like prompted by each practice topic – fiction, non fiction, gobbledegook. It doesn’t matter, because these words are not “official”. Write without over-thinking, or stopping.
- Keep going, especially if it’s difficult, but not if it will make you give up.
- After five minutes switch to the next topic (unless you are completely swept away by something).