Recovered from the weekend?
Set your timer for five minute intervals. When it rings, move on to the next topic. Don’t think too hard.
- Doing the walk of shame*
- The inappropriate pass made by a colleague on an office night out
- The longest cab ride you ever took
- Your karaoke song
*In case you don’t know what this is, it’s making your way home early on Saturday morning, in your going out clothes from the night before, from some other person’s house, having enjoyed an intimate encounter.
25 minutes and you’re done!
- Write whatever you like prompted by each practice topic – fiction, non fiction, gobbledegook. It doesn’t matter, because these words are not “official”. Write without over-thinking, or stopping.
- Keep going, especially if it’s difficult, but not if it will make you give up.
- After five minutes switch to the next topic (unless you are completely swept away by something).